Veggie Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
A simple but tasty stir fry to accompany many different Chinese dishes! You can use different kinds of noodles for this dish, I prefer rice noodles (5-10mm thick), and you can use whatever veggies you want! Adjust the veggie ingredients to suit your tastes…
Stir Fry Veggies with Rice Noodles
A quick and easy side dish that goes with many main course Chinese dishes
- 150g dried rice noodles (10mm thick)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- bunch of baby boy chow, sliced lengthways into 1″-1 1/2″ wide.
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion cut into long slices
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil Sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- dash of ground pepper
- 3 tbsp water Garnish
- green onions chopped or sliced
- sesame seeds (toasted)
- Cook rice noodles in a large saucepan as directed on the packages, drain into a colander and drizzle a little sesame oil, toss (to keep from sticking)
- Mix sauce ingredients into a small glass bowl.
- Heat a large wok on medium high heat, add the oil and swirl to cover the base of the wok.
- Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add carrot and red pepper, cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushroom, cook for another minute.
- Add cooked noodles, stir to mix thoroughly, add bok choy, cook for a minute or so.
- Add sauce mixture and stir into the noodles and veggies. Toss around until the bok choy has wilted.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.