Asian Pork Ribs with Crunchy Salad
This has to be my favourite Baby Back Rib recipe! You can even cook this in the winter and use an oven to finish the ribs off instead of grilling them outside. The marinade for these ribs is amazing! A hint of Chinese 5 spice creates a wonderful balance between the Hoisin and Oyster sauces used in this dish. The addition of the crunchy Asian salad perfectly balances the tender ribs. I dare you to try this and say you do not like it!!
Asian Pork back Ribs
Amazing 5 spice ribs with sticky Hoisin sauce
- 1 Rack of Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 12 TBSP Hoisin Sauce
- 4 TBSP Oyster Sauce
- 1 TSP Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 1 TBSP White Sugar
- 3 TBSP Chinese Cooking Wine (Shaoxing)
- Crunchy Asian Salad
- 3 Cups of Romaine Lettuce, washed and chopped
- 3 Cups of baby Bok Choy, washed and chopped
- 1/2 Cup of shelled peanuts
- 1 PKG Mr Noodles (Dry Ramen noodles)
- 1/3 Cup Soy sauce
- 3 TBS Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Mirin
- 2 TBSP Peanut Oil
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs
- Cut the ribs into half portions, cut in between each rib about halfway down
- Mix together the marinade ingredients above into a large glass bowl. Put the ribs into the marinade and mix really well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinade in a fridge overnight or for at least 10-12 hours.
- Place marinaded ribs into a slow cooker and cook on high for 3.5 Hrs (Save the leftover marinade for basting later).
- Meanwhile, heat a small fry pan on medium heat and dry fry the peanuts and crushed noodles until lightly browned. (5-6 minutes)
- In a small saucepan, heat the soy sauce, oil, Mirin, Rice vinegar and brown sugar gently for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, let simmer for 2 minutes then remove from heat to cool.
- When ribs are cooked through, heat up a gas or charcoal grill, grill ribs for 5 minutes on both side, basting with leftover marinade until lightly browned. Remove and place onto a serving plate.
- In a large glass bowl, mix the cooked nuts, noodles, Bok Choy and Romaine together. Drizzle the cooled dressing all over and mix well. Add to serving plate and enjoy!!
Tip: To help remove the membranes use a paper towel to grip the membrane near a cut and pull upwards carefully, repeat until all of the membrane has been removed.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.